AS/400 (iSeries/IBM i) CL and RPG ILE Training by Example
RPG Training by Example
This e-book offers a progressive training on the AS/400 (iSeries) CL and RPG languages. It uses real life applications to investigate the latest ILE options and develop your programming skills..
The course starts with simple programs and then examines more advanced concepts such as subfiles programming, use of message subfiles, use of embedded SQL, development of ILE modules and binding into programs and service programs .
The index of the Ebooks is as follows:
- The OPM and ILE program models
- The simple Cross Reference Utility
- The Logical Database Structure
- Skill No.1 – Database files / Tables creation
- Skill No.2 – Developing a simple RPG program
- Skill No.3 – Developing a general utility CL program
- Skill No.3 – Developing simple CL utilities
- Skill No.4 – Developing a subfile application (display)
- Skill No.4 – Developing a subfile application (program)
- Skill No.5 – Displaying messages in a message subfile
- Skill No.6 – Using embedded SQL
- Skill No.7 – Developing a printing program
- Skill No.8 – Using page by page subfiles
- Skill No.9 – Introducing ILE modules, procedures and service programs
- Skill No.10 – Using Service Programs
- Skill No.11 – Using ILE modules with a printing program
- Skill No.12 – Developing a Batch Application
- More ILE concepts
This is not a course for beginners because it assumes some basic knowledge of the RPG language. It is meant to help people who already have some knowledge of the language and want to improve their skills.
This book is no longer free, but you can download it for a good price from:
The e-book assumes that you have already some knowledge of the language
If you haven’t, I suggest that you read some books to learn RPG.
You will find useful books on this subject at Amazon as follows:
Incoming search terms for the article:
- ile concepts in as400
- rpg ile concepts
- as 400 cl programming example
- as 400 cl example
- as400 advanced concepts
- rpg ile training
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!